Reuters has an interview with top poker champion Annie Duke on how the high-stakes game provides decision-making skills. In business and life in general, no one has all the answers when making a big decision. Fixating too much on the …
- Thought Leadership
- Goldman & Associates Blog
- Authored articles
- Executives, Companies Now Always “On Camera”
- Your PR Message: For Biggest Impact, Keep it Short
- Crisis Communications Plan Key to Surviving Company Emergency
- PR & Sales: A Pairing that can Add Up in a Big Way
- To Make News, Make it Interesting
- Your Opinion Matters – Express It
- Good Stories Shine Media Spotlight on Your Company
- How National News Decisions Are Made
- News Explosion Lands CEOs in the Spotlight, for Better or for Worse
- Building Relationships with Police & Fire PIO’s Vital to Companies’ PR Programs
- How Your Company’s History Can Build Your Business Today
- Listening to Facebook Community Builds Big Rewards for Non-Profit
- Executive interview advice
- PR Quiz
- What is the best time of day to follow up with a reporter after sending a press release?
- What is the best day and time to hold an event to attract news coverage?
- Do you send a news release to an editor or a reporter?
- Your company is a major advertiser in the medium in which you want to get a news story. Should you let the reporter or news staff know this when you are trying to generate a story?
- Who should speak for a company when a reporter calls to ask questions?
- Contact Us
Business Decision-Making and Poker Skills
Tag Archives: Business
Forbes Magazine was first published in 1917. One hundred years later, it is seeking to engage Millennial and Gen Z readers through technology advances. It’s website has 56 million visitors a month and claims nearly half are considered Millennials. Between …
Reporters love a good quote, but most executives in business don’t want to say anything controversial – for good reason! Here are the top ten business quotes of 2016 as selected by The New Yorker. Most are not flattering …
Entrepreneur provides five thought leadership dos and don’ts. All are good ideas that scratch the surface of what makes good thought leadership. Though they seem simple enough, implementation takes a good deal of work and teamwork. Still, it is a …
Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon, purchased the Washington Post in 2013. Since that time he has been relatively quiet about his plans for the publication and how he intends to make money with it. New York Magazine has …
According to Macworld, around the end of the year it will be possible to create a business profile on Instagram. However, your company will first need a business profile on Facebook to do so. The article goes on to …
A number of public businesses have recently been faced with the dilemma about whether to go public, and what to say to the news media, when a CEO faces a major health issue. Privacy and business disclosure laws often conflict. …
According to the Harvard Business Review, new research shows there is a growing digital divide among businesses with only 18% of US companies operating at their digital potential. This divide is not a lack of investment in digital services, …
In the final posting about Pew Research Center’s fascinating study, the institution with the most positive public opinion is small business. News media and government rank quite low. Surprisingly, technology companies rank second. …