Last week Pew Research Center came out with its annual “State of the News Media” report which they have been producing since 2004. It is actually a series of fact sheets that document the evolving way we consume news. For …
- Thought Leadership
- Goldman & Associates Blog
- Authored articles
- Executives, Companies Now Always “On Camera”
- Your PR Message: For Biggest Impact, Keep it Short
- Crisis Communications Plan Key to Surviving Company Emergency
- PR & Sales: A Pairing that can Add Up in a Big Way
- To Make News, Make it Interesting
- Your Opinion Matters – Express It
- Good Stories Shine Media Spotlight on Your Company
- How National News Decisions Are Made
- News Explosion Lands CEOs in the Spotlight, for Better or for Worse
- Building Relationships with Police & Fire PIO’s Vital to Companies’ PR Programs
- How Your Company’s History Can Build Your Business Today
- Listening to Facebook Community Builds Big Rewards for Non-Profit
- Executive interview advice
- PR Quiz
- What is the best time of day to follow up with a reporter after sending a press release?
- What is the best day and time to hold an event to attract news coverage?
- Do you send a news release to an editor or a reporter?
- Your company is a major advertiser in the medium in which you want to get a news story. Should you let the reporter or news staff know this when you are trying to generate a story?
- Who should speak for a company when a reporter calls to ask questions?
- Contact Us
Annual “State of the News Media” Report
Tag Archives: news media
In the most extensive survey of its kind, the United States ranks near the bottom of industrialized countries when it comes to trusting their news media. Global Research has an article about the survey results. There are a number of …
The Pew Research Center has begun releasing its annual analysis of the state of the news media. Its first two reports on newspapers and cable news were posted yesterday online here. These annual reports which look at audience composition …
As much as Facebook doesn’t want to be seen as a media company, it continues to be forced in that direction. Its news feeds have been an important part of the company’s consumer engagement, but with accusations that Facebook has …
According to a story in The New York Times, nonprofit journalism organizations are seeing a flood of small and large contributions following the election. The amount of giving is substantially more than last year. Why this is is unclear. …
This story from BillMoyers.com explains how today’s news media and their newsrooms don’t come close to reflecting America’s diversity. It uses a photo from an MSNBC ad about their journalist who cover the presidential campaign to make the article’s point …
NBC News posted a news story that only 6% of the United States trusts the news media. The survey was done by Media Insight Project. It found the biggest component of trust is accuracy and 4 in 10 people had …
Mashable describes how Tribune Publishing is trying a new management model. It is combining the jobs of editor-in-chief and publisher with the business responsibility going to the editor-in-chief who oversees journalism. Two of the country’s largest newspapers Chicago Tribune and …
The United States Soccer Federation chose to announce its rebranding using an unusual public relations tactic … virtual reality. The New York Times explains how the organization decided against the less expensive route of a press conference in favor of …