An organization could spend many years building its reputation to only have it thrown into question overnight. The lessons for rebuilding personal reputation in this article by Ray Hennessey for Ragan’s PR Daily are of value to organizations as well. …
- Thought Leadership
- Goldman & Associates Blog
- Authored Articles
- Executives, Companies Now Always “On Camera”
- Your PR Message: For Biggest Impact, Keep it Short
- Crisis Communications Plan Key to Surviving Company Emergency
- PR & Sales: A Pairing that can Add Up in a Big Way
- To Make News, Make it Interesting
- Your Opinion Matters – Express It
- Good Stories Shine Media Spotlight on Your Company
- How National News Decisions Are Made
- News Explosion Lands CEOs in the Spotlight, for Better or for Worse
- Building Relationships with Police & Fire PIO’s Vital to Companies’ PR Programs
- How Your Company’s History Can Build Your Business Today
- Listening to Facebook Community Builds Big Rewards for Non-Profit
- Executive Interview Advice
- PR Quiz
- What is the best time of day to follow up with a reporter after sending a press release?
- What is the best day and time to hold an event to attract news coverage?
- Do you send a news release to an editor or a reporter?
- Your company is a major advertiser in the medium in which you want to get a news story. Should you let the reporter or news staff know this when you are trying to generate a story?
- Who should speak for a company when a reporter calls to ask questions?
- Contact Us
Rebuilding a Damaged Reputation
Tag Archives: reputation management
Managing a brand’s reputation in a crisis is challenging for the public relations team, but then the legal team gets involved and the complexity often increases. However, the legal team has their crisis management concerns and often the public relations …
A few bad online ratings and reviews for physicians can ruin a practice. The Wall Street Journal, in this Marketwatch link, examines the challenges physicians face with Yelp ratings and reviews and how some are addressing the issue of …
Proctor & Gamble has been trying to address an unverified viral story about an infant dying from using one of its cold remedy products. The story appears to initially have been posted on a blog site. The Cincinnati Business Courier…
Slash Gear has seven recommendations for Samsung reputation management in the face of their Galaxy 7 phone fires. We find a couple over-the-top, but there are also very strong solutions proposed. “Clarifying what happened” is listed as number seven. This …
Wells Fargo is a great company. However, it was ill-served by its former CEO John Stumpf who didn’t quickly own the false financial accounts that came to light during his leadership. This commentary article in Fortune provides a very good …
BBC News explores ideas on how a company can repair a brand’s good reputation after a crisis. Many of the recommendations are standard reputation management tactics. There was one piece of advice we found particularly smart, “in the event of …
Courthouse News Service has an interesting story of how poor reviews posted on Google were removed by a group of businesses claiming they could help companies with their reputation management. The scheme is described in a lawsuit filed by Consumer …
Reverse Mortgage Daily discusses research from Gallup showing that banks have a reputation problem. Ever since the Great Recession consumers don’t trust banks. Interestingly, the higher the household income, the greater the reputation problem. Gallup sums up the situation this …
We came across this article in Search Engine People that provides a 3-step process for on-line reputation management. It is succinct and we’re pretty much agree with what it has to say. All-in-all it’s a pretty good primer on how …