For those who have not read The New York Times story of November 14 about the PR missteps of Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg in the face of revelations about 2016 Russian election interference at the social media platform, …
- Thought Leadership
- Goldman & Associates Blog
- Authored Articles
- Executives, Companies Now Always “On Camera”
- Your PR Message: For Biggest Impact, Keep it Short
- Crisis Communications Plan Key to Surviving Company Emergency
- PR & Sales: A Pairing that can Add Up in a Big Way
- To Make News, Make it Interesting
- Your Opinion Matters – Express It
- Good Stories Shine Media Spotlight on Your Company
- How National News Decisions Are Made
- News Explosion Lands CEOs in the Spotlight, for Better or for Worse
- Building Relationships with Police & Fire PIO’s Vital to Companies’ PR Programs
- How Your Company’s History Can Build Your Business Today
- Listening to Facebook Community Builds Big Rewards for Non-Profit
- Executive Interview Advice
- PR Quiz
- What is the best time of day to follow up with a reporter after sending a press release?
- What is the best day and time to hold an event to attract news coverage?
- Do you send a news release to an editor or a reporter?
- Your company is a major advertiser in the medium in which you want to get a news story. Should you let the reporter or news staff know this when you are trying to generate a story?
- Who should speak for a company when a reporter calls to ask questions?
- Contact Us
Facebook Trips and Falls, A PR Crisis Mess
Category Archives: PR crisis
What a mess. Papa John’s founder and former chairman of the board, John Schnatter, is trying to regain his chairmanship after resigning last month. Schnatter has been controversial. Last year he got into trouble over his comments about NFL protests …
By now you’ve likely heard that Papa John’s founder and chairman John Schnatter has resigned from the company after it became known that he used a racial slur while doing media training with his public relations firm. Schnatter has had …
A virus rages through a senior living community. Numerous residents and staff fall ill, and some are taken to the hospital. The community has to postpone move-ins and turn away visitors. Amidst the pandemonium, little thought is given to saving …
You say “te-MAH-toh”, I say “te-MAY-toh”. Call it a PR crisis or PR problem, it’s mostly all the same. If you have a PR crisis, you’ve definitely got a PR problem; and if you’ve got a PR problem, it’s likely …