Mark Zuckerberg, chief executive of Facebook, posted his vision for Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp and Messenger (all which his company runs), and for social media in general, on a blog post in The New York Times. It is a startling …
- Thought Leadership
- Goldman & Associates Blog
- Authored Articles
- Executives, Companies Now Always “On Camera”
- Your PR Message: For Biggest Impact, Keep it Short
- Crisis Communications Plan Key to Surviving Company Emergency
- PR & Sales: A Pairing that can Add Up in a Big Way
- To Make News, Make it Interesting
- Your Opinion Matters – Express It
- Good Stories Shine Media Spotlight on Your Company
- How National News Decisions Are Made
- News Explosion Lands CEOs in the Spotlight, for Better or for Worse
- Building Relationships with Police & Fire PIO’s Vital to Companies’ PR Programs
- How Your Company’s History Can Build Your Business Today
- Listening to Facebook Community Builds Big Rewards for Non-Profit
- Executive Interview Advice
- PR Quiz
- What is the best time of day to follow up with a reporter after sending a press release?
- What is the best day and time to hold an event to attract news coverage?
- Do you send a news release to an editor or a reporter?
- Your company is a major advertiser in the medium in which you want to get a news story. Should you let the reporter or news staff know this when you are trying to generate a story?
- Who should speak for a company when a reporter calls to ask questions?
- Contact Us
Facebook: Open Platform, Private Platform
Category Archives: Facebook
Though Facebook algorithms mostly classify users as having certain traits and interests accurately, about half the users are uncomfortable with Facebook having this knowledge once they are shown this information. Facebook users can go to this link, about their …
For those who have not read The New York Times story of November 14 about the PR missteps of Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg in the face of revelations about 2016 Russian election interference at the social media platform, …
Something is happening with Facebook users and their relationship to the social medium. Cambridge Analytica revelations about how data collected by Facebook was used has many Americans unsettled and changing the way they engage with Facebook. Today, in time for …
Something interesting has been happening to social media companies such as Facebook, Snap and Twitter. (Facebook’s sister platform, Instagram, is growing dramatically, but it appears that might simply be social media use moving from an older platform to a younger …
Facebook Pays for News Content
ABC, Anderson Cooper, Shepard Smith, Jorge Ramos and more: News powerhouses are coming aboard Facebook’s Watch, its section of proprietary video content. As TechCrunch points out, what’s especially notable is that the social media giant …
In the wake of fake media placements and for better advertising results, Google and Facebook have started changing the way they post news stories. When these changes were announced, media companies expressed concern that it would impact their revenues. The …
There are a series of stories in news media such as The Verge and CNN today about a group that is trying to sabotage the reviews of Disney movies. They claim successfully negatively impacting reviews of “The Last Jedi” and …
Give Facebook credit. It has admitted that too much time spent on the social media platform is not good for one’s health or mental well-being. In its self-examination, it cited research studies critical of the time spent on Facebook that …
How bad is Facebook and other social media for society? After another former top executives at Facebook has come out against social media, we’re beginning to wonder. “Chamath Palihapitiya, who joined Facebook in 2007 and became its vice president for …