Amid the cutbacks in journalism, the Washington Post is adding a coverage area: videogaming and esports. It provided details on its new Launcher section today.…
- Thought Leadership
- Goldman & Associates Blog
- Authored Articles
- Executives, Companies Now Always “On Camera”
- Your PR Message: For Biggest Impact, Keep it Short
- Crisis Communications Plan Key to Surviving Company Emergency
- PR & Sales: A Pairing that can Add Up in a Big Way
- To Make News, Make it Interesting
- Your Opinion Matters – Express It
- Good Stories Shine Media Spotlight on Your Company
- How National News Decisions Are Made
- News Explosion Lands CEOs in the Spotlight, for Better or for Worse
- Building Relationships with Police & Fire PIO’s Vital to Companies’ PR Programs
- How Your Company’s History Can Build Your Business Today
- Listening to Facebook Community Builds Big Rewards for Non-Profit
- Executive Interview Advice
- PR Quiz
- What is the best time of day to follow up with a reporter after sending a press release?
- What is the best day and time to hold an event to attract news coverage?
- Do you send a news release to an editor or a reporter?
- Your company is a major advertiser in the medium in which you want to get a news story. Should you let the reporter or news staff know this when you are trying to generate a story?
- Who should speak for a company when a reporter calls to ask questions?
- Contact Us
Videogaming, Esports Get Own WP Section
Category Archives: Journalism
The history of tabloid journalism is longer than one might expect. The Conversation has the story.…
Facebook Comments Ruling Hits Australian Media
A judge there says media companies are obligated to moderate comments on their Facebook pages … The Guardian analyzes what it calls a “landmark ruling.”…
For an understanding of how fake news originates and spreads, take a look at AFP FactCheck, which examines and debunks “information” from around the globe. It is fascinating, disturbing and obviously a lot of work for the AFP team.…
While the cuts in newspaper staff seem endless, the Washington Post says it plans to hire 12 more investigative reporters … The Hill has the story.…
Since the Great Recession American newspapers have seen their revenues cut by nearly half. Thousands of jobs in the industry have been slashed and still it is having trouble recovering. Hoping to plug the dike is the American Journalism Project…
As the next presidential election inches nearer, there’s some talk among journalists about relying less on polls … it’s the subject of this piece in the Washington Post.…
Are trained journalists or is Artificial Intelligence best at determining fake news? Essentially, the question comes down to reliance on people either way: those who program AI or journalists who write news to determine the fact. Adweek reports that a …
Our headline is a little misleading. It’s not robots writing news that is taking place, but software algorithms that are being used to write news, also known as automated content. The College of Journalism and Communications at the University of …
Strife Among Univision Brass Precedes Cuts
Univision is still the nation’s largest Spanish-language media outlet, but its audience has dropped sharply in recent year and competitors are nipping at its heels. This week its new CEO announced it is laying …