Public relations crisis or public relations opportunity? Sweethearts, the heart-shaped candy known for it’s traditional Valentine’s Day phrases, has gone wordless this season. Spangler Candy Co., which bought the 118 year old NECCO brand a few years ago, had a …
- Thought Leadership
- Goldman & Associates Blog
- Authored Articles
- Executives, Companies Now Always “On Camera”
- Your PR Message: For Biggest Impact, Keep it Short
- Crisis Communications Plan Key to Surviving Company Emergency
- PR & Sales: A Pairing that can Add Up in a Big Way
- To Make News, Make it Interesting
- Your Opinion Matters – Express It
- Good Stories Shine Media Spotlight on Your Company
- How National News Decisions Are Made
- News Explosion Lands CEOs in the Spotlight, for Better or for Worse
- Building Relationships with Police & Fire PIO’s Vital to Companies’ PR Programs
- How Your Company’s History Can Build Your Business Today
- Listening to Facebook Community Builds Big Rewards for Non-Profit
- Executive Interview Advice
- PR Quiz
- What is the best time of day to follow up with a reporter after sending a press release?
- What is the best day and time to hold an event to attract news coverage?
- Do you send a news release to an editor or a reporter?
- Your company is a major advertiser in the medium in which you want to get a news story. Should you let the reporter or news staff know this when you are trying to generate a story?
- Who should speak for a company when a reporter calls to ask questions?
- Contact Us
Valentine’s Day Candy Goes Wordless
Tag Archives: CNN
It’s always a challenge to predict the future of anything, much less the changing nature of social media. However, CNN has taken a stab at it by looking at the changes of the last decade, then using those to make …
The English language doesn’t have a gender neutral, personal pronoun, so the word they is often used to convey gender neutrality when speaking or writing about someone who doesn’t claim a binary gender. Merriam-Webster Dictionary has done a data search …
What a mess. Papa John’s founder and former chairman of the board, John Schnatter, is trying to regain his chairmanship after resigning last month. Schnatter has been controversial. Last year he got into trouble over his comments about NFL protests …
Fire season is in full swing in Northern California as seen in this CNN report. Summer last year was quite a challenging time for the senior living industry and other businesses as hurricanes and wild fires blew through the …
The Goldman blog has written several times about the “Fearless Girl” statue. You can read earlier posts here and here. This statue, designed for State Street Global Advisors, was initially created as a public relations tactic to garner publicity …
A public relations ploy for State Street turned into an icon for New York City. “Fearless Girl” is the statue of a small girl facing down the “Ragging Bull” statue of Wall Street. Almost a year ago it appeared overnight …
In the wake of fake media placements and for better advertising results, Google and Facebook have started changing the way they post news stories. When these changes were announced, media companies expressed concern that it would impact their revenues. The …
There are a series of stories in news media such as The Verge and CNN today about a group that is trying to sabotage the reviews of Disney movies. They claim successfully negatively impacting reviews of “The Last Jedi” and …
It would be cynical to say that the buzz about the movie ‘Black Panther’ is the result of a successful public relations campaign. We’re sure that public relations has played a role in the highly visible stories about the movie, …