Ten years ago the # on a Twitter address could have been called the pound symbol, the number sign or tic-tac-toe frame. The reasons it isn’t are explained by the developers of the hashtag in this story by Wired. …
- Thought Leadership
- Goldman & Associates Blog
- Authored Articles
- Executives, Companies Now Always “On Camera”
- Your PR Message: For Biggest Impact, Keep it Short
- Crisis Communications Plan Key to Surviving Company Emergency
- PR & Sales: A Pairing that can Add Up in a Big Way
- To Make News, Make it Interesting
- Your Opinion Matters – Express It
- Good Stories Shine Media Spotlight on Your Company
- How National News Decisions Are Made
- News Explosion Lands CEOs in the Spotlight, for Better or for Worse
- Building Relationships with Police & Fire PIO’s Vital to Companies’ PR Programs
- How Your Company’s History Can Build Your Business Today
- Listening to Facebook Community Builds Big Rewards for Non-Profit
- Executive Interview Advice
- PR Quiz
- What is the best time of day to follow up with a reporter after sending a press release?
- What is the best day and time to hold an event to attract news coverage?
- Do you send a news release to an editor or a reporter?
- Who should speak for a company when a reporter calls to ask questions?
- Contact Us
Why # is Called Hashtag
Tag Archives: Wired
Here is an interesting story from Wired about the lab YouTube has for analyzing how people watch television. Like advertising, everyone thinks they are an expert at watching television. We’ve all spent a good deal of our lives in front …
What does it take to get someone to click on a headline at a news site so the article becomes a viral story? Here are a few tricks to the trade from a writer who’s job it is to create …
According to Wired, Google is seeking to remove fake-facts from its search results and has released a feedback form that allows consumers to curate results. Wired praises Google for this effort at transparency and in addressing the issue of …
A Wired story explains how Artificial Intelligence (AI) is being used at The Washington Post to write mundane, data heavy stories. At this point, journalist at the newspaper see it as helpful, allowing them to address the more mundane aspect …
Matt Simon from WIRED has chosen the top nine science news stories of 2016. The list includes captivating chronicles of new discovery, personal drama and perseverance leading to technology breakthroughs. Check out his list and see if you agree. …
Wired has a story about what might possibly be the first live-action virtual reality film ever produced. It is short, less than 40 seconds. You can get an idea of how live-action virtual reality works from the story and you …